When you mention dream vacations, the majestic island chain of Hawaii holds the top spot on many travelers ‘destination bucket lists. The beautiful weather, picturesque beaches, alluring jungles, and the warm, welcoming culture make traveling to Hawaii a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
The very same volcanoes that contribute to Hawaii's tropical majesty have recently made would be travelers think twice about venturing to America's tropical paradise. However, the volcanic activity from Kilauea has ended and Volcanoes National Park is open as of September 24, 2018.
The Center of the Action
Volcanoes National Park is a 505 square mile national Park located on the southern shore of the big island of Hawaii. The park boasts two active volcanoes, Kilauea and Mauna Loa. Mount Kīlauea was responsible for the string of recent eruptions that have since ended.
Travelers Need Not Worry about Missing Out
If you have been waiting to take a Hawaiian vacation, you may have several worries keeping you from boarding the plane and setting off on a truly life-changing experience. Below are some of the major concerns we have been able to answer for our clients:
1. What If There Is Another Eruption?
The odds of another volcanic eruption soon are minimal. Experts have been monitoring the seismic activity around Mount Kīlauea and have reported the seismic activity is very low. Also, the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory continues to keep an eye on Kīlauea, looking for any signs of a coming eruption. The indicators are painting a positive picture.
2. How Much of the Island is Shut Down?
Volcanoes National Park comprises less than 1% of the island's landmass. There are still plenty of awesome sites, activities, and excursions to keep even the most adventurous of vacationers busy. If you had your heart set on exploring Volcano National Park, don't worry. The park is once again open for visitors.
3. Is the Air Safe to Breath?
If you’re worried about air quality from volcanic emissions, regulatory agencies monitor the air quality on the island. They are happy to report sulfur levels are lower than they have been in the past decade.
Now is the Time for a Once-In-A-Lifetime Adventure
The islands of Hawaii were formed by volcanic eruptions. This may come as a surprise to many travelers, but Hawaii has grown by hundreds of yards over the past several decades from lava seeping its way into the Pacific Ocean and expanding the island's footprint. Those who decide to make the journey to Volcano National Park will be treated to spectacular views and can experience firsthand the reshaping of one of the world's most awe-inspiring landscapes.
Those early adventurers will see things the rest of us will only have the chance to read about in books. Imagine looking out into the distance and seeing the true power of mother nature as you watch vapors rise from the rim of Mount Kīlauea. Even the most seasoned travelers may never get to see an island growing right before their eyes. Watching lava flows cool in the distance or standing on a freshly hardened lava flow means you are witnessing firsthand an island rising out of the ocean.
Gazing out at a crater 1,000 feet deep that has been freshly carved out of the earth is an experience that may quite literally make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Now, think about gazing out at that crater knowing just a few weeks ago it was a massive lake of molten lava. That realization will create a moment in your life that no other experience will be able to match.
An Island of Limitless Possibilities
Although volcanoes are truly one of nature's wonders, Hawaii is more than just an island with volcanoes. Hawaii is a true paradise no matter what kind of activities float your boat. (See what we did there?)
The Hawaiian Islands are home to 10 of the world's 14 climate zones. Even more intriguing is that all 10 of these climate zones can be found on the big island. If you are a nature lover or into scoping out beautiful scenery, there is simply no better place for you.
Below is a list of just a few of the wonderful ways you can spend your Hawaiian vacation.
- At the Beach-Okay, this one is obvious. Hawaii has some of the most beautiful beaches. It's also home to some of the world's best snorkeling and scuba diving as well.
- Hitting the Links-When you think Hawaii, you may not think golf. But, Hawaii offers some of the most beautiful and challenging golf courses. It doesn't matter whether you are a seasoned pro or if you just like to play the back nine on the weekends, you will find a course to love.
- Hiking-With some of the most beautiful trails imaginable, Hawaii is the place to be if you like to lace up your boots and spend hours hiking and reconnecting with nature.
- Culture and History-With diverse history and cultures dating back centuries Hawaii offers history buffs and those interested in learning about other cultures opportunities they just can't get anywhere else.
- Spas-What could be more relaxing than spending days unwinding and being pampered in one of Hawaii's top-tier spas.
Don’t wait. Contact Suite3Sixty today to book a once-in-a-lifetime getaway to Hawaii!
With a host of hotel, resort, and vacation rental suites, Suite3Sixty is your luxury travel partner specializing in travel to Hawaii, India, and Australia. Furthermore, each of our Suite Experiences and Suite Vacations are personally vetted, so you know you will always walk into a beautiful, clean, and prepared room. Also, when you travel with Suite3Sixty you will always enjoy:
- Personal VIP concierge service with every reservation
- Reservations fully refundable up to 30 days before arrival
- Supplemental travel insurance options
- Exclusive travel offers
- The best rates guaranteed – no kidding!